Saturday, January 31, 2009

Photos from the Point

I thought that I would put up a few of the photos from The Living History Day at Fort Point.

The National Park Service hosted the day and the fort was garrisoned by several American Civil War reenacting groups that are based out of northern California.

I had a really great time during the event. The National Park Service allowed the reenacting groups to stay inside Fort Point for an overnight, something that has not happened in a long time. I however was unable to stay for the night. Hopefully there will be another chance to attend this event for a overnight next year.



A view of the underside of the Golden Gate Bridge's southern support structure from inside the fort.



I even got to meet the 26th President.

I will put up some more photos in the next couple of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment