Friday, April 23, 2010

Put out that Light!


I have always be unconventional in my collecting habits. Finding strange things in second hand stores, musty old attics and the occasional antique store.

So it came as no surprise when I found this waterproof wax vestas box at one of the local dealers of lost items that my interest was peaked.

After doing a little digging around I found out that this small box crafted by Duncan's is probably from the forties in time frame. The company and it's product however date back to the earlier 1860's in Australia. It makes me wonder how it made its' way to United States and survived not being crushed or just plain thrown away.

I can just image the tales this little box could tell if it had the ability to form words and sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment